7.28.2014

Home Again

160

Soon I will get up all the pictures from our annual up north vacation with my family.  But for now I will move on to being home.  It feels good.  Really good.  I love our July vacations and I am so grateful for them.  But I also love the slow, summery month of August.  There is usually not much on our calendar, a lot of food coming out of the garden, and (hopefully) plenty of sunny days for playing or just being lazy.

177
{ a play in progress}

It was such a fun surprise to come home to a garden full of food.  Tonight at dinner all three kids gobbled up roasted beats, tomato/cucumber salad, green beans and fresh peas and cucumbers.  I know they would have never eaten half of these things had they not helped grow them.  Yes I love our garden- it is health, happiness and even therapy all rolled into one wildly growing patch of earth.

180

I think it's important to note that not pictured in this photo are the fish sticks that went with all of this homegrown goodness.  Sometimes after spending all day gardening and then magically turning that garden into part of a meal I need some help with the rest of it.  Baby steps.

No comments: