1.21.2016

Longing for Quiet While Enjoying the "Busy Good"

041

In my last post I was basking in the quietness of January, happily looking forward to what has always been for us, a very low key month.  This year, it turns out January is anything but that.  Aside from the first week or so after Christmas it has been nothing but busy.  There has been one birthday celebration (two more to go) and one Christmas celebration (and one more to go).  There were field trips and house projects and family in town and internship meetings.  While all of it was/is actually so very good, it was/is busy good, and I am feeling like I can barely catch my breath.  Perhaps February can be the quiet month I am dreaming of.

Today is quiet though, and I'm thankful for that.  We did some extra school work (to catch up on what we missed).  It is still feeling a little clunky getting back into the swing of things.  But we managed it today.  We are also catching up on some of that low key "nothing" sort of time that I've been longing for.  Legos, coloring, puzzling, you know.  Good things.  Hoping tomorrow we can do some more of the same before heading into a weekend of "Christmas" and birthday.  Soon I will need to catch up on the the posts I've missed as well.

No comments: